Established in 1990, OneGuard Home Warranty was acquired by American Home Shield in the year 2016. Since then, the company has been working with its sister company to offer homeowners comprehensive coverage plans. Currently, OneGuard is offering its services in Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.
It offers 3 plans to homeowners in collaboration with AHS, the same as AHS’s plans- ShieldSilver, ShieldGold, and ShieldPlatinum. Also, they offer the choice of deductible, varying from $100 to $125.
This OneGuard Home Warranty review is written after extensive research to help our readers with details required to evaluate the company, which includes:
- Coverage and coverage limitations
- Claim process
- Plans, inclusions, exclusions, and cost
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||33|
|Waiting Period||30 days|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why OneGuard Home Warranty?
- OneGuard Home Warranty has experience of over 33 years in the home warranty industry
- The company has a flexible service call fee option
- OneGuard provides unlimited systems coverage to the homeowners
- OneGuard provides generous coverage caps to the homeowners
latest OneGuard Home Warranty reviews
Gail knighton , TX, The Colony
We have used OneGuard Home Warranty Company for 17 years. Worth every penny we have spent. They have for the most part been very dependable and helpful. The times that we have had trouble, it was not their fault, but rather that of one of the contractors. When those problems happened, they worked with us to get the contractor to respond. We were then able to get that contractor on a do not call him request for the future.Susan Burnett , AZ, Sun City
My refrigerator broke down. One Guard found me an excellent contractor who was very professional and fixed the appliance the first time.Amy Kasper , TX, Midlothian
We have had OneGuard for almost 2 years and have been very pleased with the service. Having used the service several times over this time frame, we would definitely recommend this company and product to others. The monthly cost is extremely reasonable as well the cost of each visit. The coverage is quite extensive. We had one company sent out that we were not pleased with the work provided. We contacted OneGuard and new company was sent as well as removing the previous company from out list of providers. We were pleased with how this handled. We are very happy with this company and look forward to the same great service for the price.Mary Cancino Gallagher , AZ, Goodyear
My experience with Home Guard was exemplary from the phone call to request service to the most pleasant and helpful technicians. I’m so far very happy I’ve chosen this company.Sathya , AZ, Phoenix
Happy so far in having OneGuard Home Warranty services and had already suggested friends and would like to continue with it.Charles Floyd Crandall , AZ, Sun City West
This a followup of a previous review. After a second plumber to find a leak under the kitchen sink he did an excellent job locating the leak the first plumber could not fine. We had to replace the kitchen faucet. I received a call from One Guard telling me that they only replaced faucets with contractor grade equickment. I have had One Guard service for over 15 years and they have always replaced items with like kind. I have top of the line faucets throught the house and have had valves relpaed with no problems. I am very disappointed with One Guard if this is their new policy.
Consumer Affairs3.9/5 (62)
Site Jabber1/5 (1)
Pros & cons of OneGuard Home Warranty
- Quick response time
- Unlimited systems coverage
- Generous coverage caps
- Available only in 3 states
OneGuard Home Warranty Covered States
OneGuard Home Warranty offers services in 3 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
OneGuard Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
OneGuard operates in three states and offers plans to homeowners through a sister company American Home Shield. It offers the following plans to homeowners, including the major home systems and appliances. As AHS has separate plans for appliances and systems, the customers are happy with the offered options.
- ShieldSilver: Helps protect 14 major systems
- ShieldGold: Helps in protecting 23 major home systems and appliances
- ShieldPlatinum: Covers everything from ShieldSilver and ShieldGold, along with some additions.
Plans ShieldSilver ShieldGold ShieldPlatinum Air Conditioners ✓ ✓ Heating Units ✓ ✓ Ductwork ✓ ✓ Built-In Exhaust, Vent & Attic Fans ✓ ✓ Main Breaker/Fuse Panel Box ✓ ✓ Doorbells & Chimes ✓ ✓ Interior Electrical Lines ✓ ✓ Ceiling Fans ✓ ✓ Garage Door Openers ✓ ✓ Water Heaters ✓ ✓ Interior Plumbing Lines ✓ ✓ Toilets ✓ ✓ Faucets & Valves ✓ ✓ Whirlpool Tub Motor & Components ✓ ✓ Refrigerators ✓ ✓ Ranges/Cooktops ✓ ✓ Ovens ✓ ✓ Dishwashers ✓ ✓ Built-In Microwaves ✓ ✓ Garbage Disposals ✓ ✓ Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispensers ✓ ✓ Washers ✓ ✓ Dryers ✓ ✓ Roof Leak Repair ✓ Free Hvac Tune-Up ✓ Unlimited A/C Refrigerant ✓ Coverage For Code Violations, Permits, And Modifications ✓
- Pool or Spa: $20.99/mo
- Septic Pump: $4.99/mo
- Well Pump: $9.99/mo
- Guest Unit: $20.99/mp
- Electronics Plan: $14/mo
- Roof Leak Repair: $9.99/mo
The roof leak repairs limit is optional with ShieldSilver and ShieldGold plans but is included in the ShieldPlatinum plan.
Note: If you want to check individual pricing, going through OneGuard Home Warranty’s sample contract will provide detailed information.
OneGuard Home Warranty Exclusions
The company has certain exclusions in its service agreement, as the coverage limits range from $6,000 to unlimited. The following things are not covered under the policy:
- Routine maintenance, flues, venting, exhaust lines, chimneys, cosmetic damage, home management systems, fire sprinkler systems, radon monitoring systems, mold, bio-organic growth, rot, fungus, and pest damage.
- The company is also not responsible if a repair or replacement is needed if the malfunction is because of missing parts, equipment, or components.
Find out more limitations and exclusions here:
OneGuard Warranty Cost
As AHS offers the plans for OneGuard, the cost of the plans are identical, starting from $29.99 per month. The deductible amount can vary and can be $100 or $125.
Cost at $125 Service Call Fee
Cost at $100 Service Call Fee
Note: The cost will vary as per the deductible
OneGuard Warranty Discounts
The company offers a limited-time 50% discount on purchasing ShieldSilver and ShieldGold.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of OneGuard Home Warranty
Although OneGuard offers AHS plans due to their collaboration, their services have a mixed response from customer reviews. The company has received a rating of 3.5/5 on our platform, with many customers calling them trustworthy. They have also received complaints about claim refusals, which is an area of improvement for the company.
On other platforms, such as BBB and Google Reviews, the company has a score of 2.5/5 and 3.9/5, respectively. As its plans are offered by AHS, OneGuard has the responsibility of claim acceptance and services. The above scores from customer reviews indicate that they have scope for improvement, especially with claim approvals.
We think that OneGuard should convey all the terms and conditions to the customers know about the plan inclusions and there are less chances of claim denials. Rectifying this issue can improve its reputation in the market and help them acquire new customers in the long run.
OneGuard Home Warranty Claim Filing Process
You can file a claim through the customer portal or the customer service number if a covered appliance or system malfunctions. Follow these simple steps to place your service request:
- File a service request online on OneGuard Home Warranty’s website or via the OneGuard Home Warranty phone number available 24/7.
- A service technician will contact you within four working hours to schedule an appointment at the time of your convenience.
- The technician will diagnose the problem and suggest repair or replacement. Upon completion of the service, you must pay the necessary service fee.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From OneGuard Home Warranty?
As OneGuard has tied up with AHS to provide plans, you can get a quote from OneGuard or AHS website to purchase a plan. You can also call them to talk to their sales representatives to initiate the sales process. To get detailed insights on the process read our blog on how to buy a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we want to offer users in-depth home warranty reviews to help them make the right choice. We examine, compare, and analyze the best home warranty company based on the following factors:
- Cost-effective: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage includes systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims process, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess home warranty companies’ determination to respond to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On OneGuard Home Warranty
The company has stopped offering its coverage options and has instead began selling AHS plans on its website. This effectively means that AHS has taken over its operations as a result, customers are encouraged to read the AHS review in detail before making a purchase.
Quick Details About The Company
Year Of Establishment
20410 N 19th Ave Ste 200, Phoenix, AZ
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- We have listed more than 80+ companies are listed with us
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticity of reviews
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program
One Guard Home Warranty FaqsQ.
Who Is The Owner Of OneGuard?
Frontdoor Inc. is the owner of OneGuard Home Warranty in the US. They also own AHS, Landmark Home Warranty, HSA, and more.Q.
Is A Home Warranty Legit?
A home warranty is legit, and several home warranty companies offer coverage for home systems and appliances. Many top companies in the market offer plans to cater to the homeowners’ different needs.
There are also a handful of shady companies in the market that deceive customers in the name of offering a home warranty. Our detailed guide on home warranty scams will help you avoid such entities and help you choose a legit home warranty company.Q.
What Forms Of Payment Are Accepted At Oneguard Home Warranty?
OneGuard Home Warranty provides plans through American Home Shield, which accepts different forms of payments, including card payments, payments through PayPal, and bank transfers.Q.
Is A Home Inspection Required By OneGuard Home Warranty?
No, a home inspection is not required by OneGuard Home Warranty but can provide extra peace of mind to the homeowners.Q.
Is There A Cancellation Fee For OneGuard?
AHS cancellation terms are applicable as OneGuard Home Warranty was taken over by them in 2016. So, you will receive a complete refund if you cancel plans within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, they will pay only the prorated portion of the pending home warranty cost minus a $50 administrative fee.
You May Also Be Interested In
OneGuard Home Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Your air conditioner becomes a lifesaver when the sweltering summer he ...
Furnaces are vital in providing a comfortable temperature and improvin ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020