Home Warranty Helps Sell Your Home Quickly
By Victoria Baeker
Updated: July 30th, 2019
Which home would you rather purchase? One that gives you no protection if the air conditioner, plumbing, furnace, garage door openers or dishwater go kaput or one the with a home warranty that fixes any repairs for less than $100?
Majority of buyers would opt for the latter. It is simple to see why many sellers are making home warranty part of the selling contract. Provide yourself a marketplace edge by giving buyers peace of mind.
Sell Your House Faster
A home warranty offers the buyer with peace of mind that helps in case there are any problems with major appliances, electrical or home systems. Generally there is a deductible service fee of about $ 60 payable per incident. The cost is generally around $300 to $400 in the form of an annual fee which buys peace of mind and adds value when you’re staring at selling your house.
Additionally, some real estate companies may provide appliance and system protections plans to their customers at no extra charge. Nearly all real estate agencies will offer this service for free, which is generally built into the selling price of the home and brokerage of the realtor.
People who are procuring an older home will buy a warranty if there isn’t one already provided by the seller. This is where having a home warranty for your home is an excellent selling feature. Potential buyers are ought to be impressed if the home is already covered for its appliances and systems.
How to Compare and Choose the Best ?
You can effortlessly find a company that provides appliance protection on our website here or by asking your real estate agent. They will possibly have a list of good home warranty companies that they have used in the past and can advice. Your research also helps choose the best. It’s vital to find out what a company charges along with coverage and other clauses.
You must compare plans based on the categories below.
- Systems and appliances covered
- The cost of the home warranty
- Service deductible fee
- Other variables like add on’s and customization of plans
With a home warranty, you can give buyers with peace of mind allowing them to be assured that the home is worth their investment. This can be an outstanding selling feature for any home, new or old. A home warranty can aid you to sell the home faster, standing higher than other homes for sale on the market that do not come with a home warranty.
Selling your home can be a daunting task. Providing appliance protection should do the trick. This service gives your home buyers the composure they look for.
Other Tips for Improving the marketability of Your Home
A few tips for you that will better the chances of finding a buyer for your house.
One such improvement is kitchen remodeling. The key aspects you must bear in mind when remodeling are good floor area, sufficient storage space and other modern features. An agent in your locality will be the best person to advice. You can also look up on the internet for resources.
The most common reasons people go for kitchen remodeling are :
- To improve materials, appliances and fixtures
- To provide more floor space
- To provide extra space so family members have a place to grab a quick bite or dine together
Putting back old kitchen cabinets with solid wood – whether cherry, oak or even something less pricey like pine and kitchen counter tops is a good way to increase the kitchen’s usability and appearance as well as the market value of your home.
Like kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling needs the services of a professional contractor.
It is important to have a comprehensive plan and know what type renovation work you want before beginning the project so that code compliance laws are met and essential permits obtained.
Be specific when making the list. Instead of just a lavatory, identify the type. Pedestal lavatories can cost over $300, while a simple wall-hung model can just be under $ 70. Designer toilets will be a little over $ 1,500 while a standard two-piece model will cost under $100. Shop for the finest quality fittings.
Besides, here is a list of 6 tips for selling your home that can change the way home buyers look at your home.
- Change the mailbox. The mailbox is one of the first items potential buyers see from the curb. A rusty mail box shows a poorly maintained home.
- Paint the front door.Depending on the type of door you have, it is prone to wear and tear making it look dull. The dirt from outside stains and the light it is exposed to fades the paint. A fresh paint can vary the image of the psychology of the buyer entering the house.
- Trim shrubbery. Shrubbery is good but overgrown shrubbery looks untidy. It makes the same impression – unkempt, not looked after and not clean. Sensible use of the clippers can make a huge difference in the curb appeal.
- Fertilize the lawn. Few things make a bigger impression than from the curb than a blossoming green lawn. And nothing will attain that for you than a little addition of fertilizer. Also apply a little seed to the balder patches of the loan and you can see improvements in a week.
- Change Light Switch Plates. Unavoidably, light switch plates and plates for outlets show signs of constant contract. Finger prints, dirt can be clearly visible. You could attempt cleaning them one by one but the plates are very cheap. However, clean plates would point to a home that is cared for to the last little item.
- Clean the windows. Dazzling clean windows make the house more attractive both inside and out while dirty windows showing hand prints, rain stains create a negative impression on the home buyer.
This list gives you a starting point on economical ways to improve your home’s marketability. Now you should walk your home and try to find the little things that could be made cleaner and brighter with very small expenses.
Did you find this article helpful? YES | NO
Thank you for your feedback!