Recently Warranty Week Newsletter published a report on home warranty companies market share in U.S. While it is not clear how the estimates were made and what assumptions were in place, the estimated numbers seem to be in the ballpark and must give an approximate idea where the companies stand.
With 41% market share, American Home Shield leads the pack followed by First American (11%), Old Republic (8.3%), CCHS (6%), 2-10 HBW (5.3%), and Fidelity (4.3%). It is interesting to note that the major service providers account for only 76% of the market. According to the report, remaining 24% of the market is shared by small companies and half of which are Internet scam companies which have no credibility whatsoever.
Here is the breakdown of home warranty companies market share :
|Company Name||Market Share (%)|
|American Home Shield by Service Master||41|
|First American Home Buyers Protection||11|
|Old Republic Home Protection Co. Inc.||8.3|
|Cross Country Home Services (HMW)||6|
|2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Corp||5.3|
|Fidelity National Home Warranty Co.||4.3|
|Dominion Products and Services Inc.||3.7|
|Home Service USA Corp.||3.3|
|American Water Resources Inc.||3.3|
|Home Security of America (HSA)||2.1|
|Service America Enterpirse||2.0|
|Home Warranty of America – HWA||1.7|
|Land America – BHW||1.5|
|Broward Factory Service – BFS||Less than 1%|
|Allied Home Warranty||Less than 1%|
|The Warranty Group (ServicePlan)||Less than 1%|
|Warrantech Home Service||Less than 1%|
|Nations Preferred Home Warranty||Less than 1%|
|American Home Gaurdian||Less than 1%|
|America’s Preferred Home Warranty||Less than 1%|
|HISCO Home Warranty||Less than 1%|
|Blue Ribbon Home Warranty||Less than 1%|
|Home Warranty Inc.||Less than 1%|
|RAM Home Warranty (Rehak)||Less than 1%|
|U.S. Home Protective Association||Less than 1%|
|Nicor Services||Less than 1%|
The $1.5 billion home warranty industry was hit by the real estate downturn and but looking at the growth chart, 2009 was not a bad year. The growth was flat for the last 2 years, but the industry did not experience any negative growth unlike the real estate market.
You can read the home warranty market share report at their website
You can refer to home warranty companies and their offers on our website as well.
Tags:appliance insurance, Appliance Warranty, home warranty insurance
Category:Home Warranty Companies | 12 Comments »
Prev Post:NY AG wins lawsuit against National Home Protection
Next Post:UtiliPRO Joint Venture to Provide Home Warranty Services
By submitting this form and requesting this information, you authorize your consent to use automated technology to call you at the phone number(s) provided, including your wireless number if provided, in reference to your request for more information.
Call Now for a FREE Quote