Platinum Home Warranty (PHW) is a new local home warranty company that started in 2011. Headquartered in Arizona, the company currently caters to the warranty needs of Arizona homeowners alone. PHW claims that they have many plans that suit the needs of homeowners and realtors alike.
Based on various customer reviews, our editors have curated this Platinum Home Warranty review to help prospective home warranty buyers with
- Coverage and plans details
- Dollar limits and exclusions of the coverage
- Claim filing process
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||12|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why Platinum Home Warranty?
- Platinum Home Warranty offers extensive coverage to homeowners
- The company works with its team of skilled technicians
- Platinum offers a unique range of coverage under Platinum Plus
- Platinum provides coverage to six types of properties
latest Platinum Home Warranty reviews
Scott Scherger , AZ, Gilbert
I have been with Platinum Home Warranty for several years. Everyone that I encounter is professional and courteous. Once the work is complete they followup with a phone call and survey to make sure you are satisfied. I highly recommend PHW for your home warranty needs. .Rick Effinger , AZ, Peoria
Long time customer as reflected by the premium. Locked in pricing is a nice feature. Love they have their own AC serviceman and always timely when we have needed AC service. Free yearly checkups are very nice and have treated us fair on the one or two occasions that an issue arose. Couldn\'t recommend a better Home Warranty Company in Arizona.Michele , AZ, Surprise
After just moving into my new condo, I had to call Platinum Home Warranty for two separate issues. They were very easy to work with and repair men were dispatched very quickly resolving my problems quickly.Heather Renshaw , AZ, Scottsdale
I had my spout to my shower break off while the water was on and it started flooding the bathroom. I had to shut my water off and called Platinum Home Warranty. They sent Rocky out to fix the issue the same day and he was AMAZING. So helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.Garrett Hunt , AZ, Phoenix
They helped me get my AC and Washing Machine fixed in under 24 hrs. Anyone living in Phoenix knows how crucial that is. Thank you so much for the help!RB , AZ, Scottsdale
We got back from vacation and our ac went out so I called Platinum HW at 5:30 pm and she told me they would be out the next day (because we had another unit that was working) with a weekend rate (only $35 more) or I could wait till Monday for regular rate. I preferred them to come out the next day. She explained to me that if they didn\'t have the part, that most stores were closed and they would be back on Monday. I took the chance that they could fix it the next day. The repairman arrived early and he fixed it quickly. He was very pleasant, explained everything and took the time to talk to my husband about other air circulation concerns related to the house. I have never been so pleased with the prompt and courteous service we received. I highly recommend this company. We were previously with American Home Shield and they were the worst! This is my 2nd repair with Platinum HW and both have been quick and easy.
Yelp3 /5 (183)
Review Home Warraties3.2/5 (N/A)
Pros & cons of Platinum Home Warranty
- Offers pest control under basic coverage
- Transparent with the terms
- Only available in Arizona
- Does not allow homeowners to choose their contractor/technician
Platinum Home Warranty Covered States
Platinum Home Warranty offers services in 1 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Platinum Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
Platinum offers four plans to homeowners: Standard, Standard Plus, Prime, and Superior. These plans vary depending on the type of your home. For instance, the table below shows coverage options for single-family homes below 5000 sqft.
- Mobile, Condo, & TownHomes– You get Standard, Standard Plus, and Prime.
- Duplex, Triplex, Fourplex, and Single-family home (above 5,000 sqft.) – You get Standard and Standard Plus Plans.
The coverage offered is comparable and comprehensive compared to the industry standards. Along with the major home systems and appliances, the basic plan also covers services like pest control, toilet replacement, ductwork repair, etc., which is not included in plans often.
The Platinum Plus is another beneficial option, as you will not have to pay extra for slab leaks, manufacturer-warrantied parts, permits, jetted tubs, etc. All these things will be included in your plans. Look at the table below to understand more about the offered coverage.
Heating System ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Air Conditioning ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Recirculating Pump ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Crane Fee ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Access And Rough Drywall Patch ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Re-Key ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Pest Control ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Doorbell ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Central Vacuum System ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Garage Door Opener ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwasher ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Exhaust Fans And Ceiling Fans ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Trash Compactor ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Outlets And Light Switch ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Garbage Disposal ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Cooking Oven/Range ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Built-In Microwave Oven ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Electrical Breakers And Panels ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Toilet Tanks And Bowls ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Toilet Replacement ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Limited Ductwork Repair ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Thermostat ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Water Heater (Up To 80 Gallons) ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Plumbing Blockages ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Plumbing Fixtures ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Platinum Plus* ✓ ✓ ✓ Refrigerator/ With Ice Maker ✓ ✓ Washer & Dryer ✓ ✓ Bulti-In Pool And Spa ✓
*Platinum Plus includes the following items:
- Haul away
- Additional modifications
- Disposal and recovery fees
- Enhanced garage door coverage
- Code violations
- Slab leaks
- Improper installations and mismatched units
- Jetted tubs
- Dishwasher racks, rollers, and baskets
- Coverage for labor on manufacturer warrantied parts
Apart from these four plans, you can take advantage of optional add-ons in exchange for some extra dollars. The limit for the following devices is $1500 per contract term.
- Kitchen fridge
- Additional fridge
- Built-in pool/spa
- Built-in pool/spa w/salt coverage
- Superior plan salt pool upgrade
- Additional pool pump
- Drip and sprinkler system
- Septic coverage
- Soft water system
- Additional dishwasher
- Additional garage door opener
- Built-in kitchen freezer
- Enhanced appliance aggregate upgrade
Platinum Home Warranty Exclusions
Platinum Home Warranty does not cover
- Damages due to acts of God, war, fire, soil movement, flood, hail, hurricane, or tornado
- Any form of vandalism causing this contract to void
- Tampering resulting from animals, people, insects, or pests
- Unknown Defects
- Business Properties
- Electronic items
- Home vacant over 90 days
- Any item not mentioned in the contract
- Damage occurred due to a lack of maintenance
Note: There may be other limitations to your contract; hence, we recommend that you read the terms carefully.
Apart from the general exclusions, the company will cover the systems under all the plans up to $2000 per contract term. Repair and replacement of kitchen refrigerator, including built-ins when the refrigerator option is purchased, will be up to $2000 per contract term. All other appliances are covered up to $1500 per contract term.
The limit for the Platinum Plus range varies, and items’ repair and replacements are covered up to $250 per contract term.
Platinum Home Warranty Cost
The total cost of the Platinum home warranty depends on the chosen plan, any added coverage, and the type of your property. We have curated the following data for single-family homes, have a look:
Along with the premiums, homeowners will have to pay a deductible of $75 during each service visit which is average when compared to the others.
Also, compared to the competitors, the plans can be considered affordable, especially the Superior Plan. It offers coverage for systems, appliances, built-in pool & spa, and services like pest control, re-key, slab leaks, etc., at $68.5/month.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of Platinum Home Warranty
As a local home warranty company, Platinum Home Warranty appears to uphold its reputation for customer service. The company has received favorable ratings on several review sites, including Google and Yelp.
Many customers have rated the company 4.4/5 on Google and 3.5/5 on our platform, indicating their satisfaction. Some customers stated that the company fixed the leaks within a few hours and that the plumbers were knowledgeable. The reviews also revealed that Platinum depends on in-house experienced technicians rather than third-party ones.
Conversely, Platinum has received mixed reviews and a Yelp rating of 3.1/5, just like any other home warranty company. Some customers were dissatisfied because their claims were denied.
Nonetheless, Platinum’s offerings are comparable to the industry standards, but they must simplify the claims-related process to enhance customer experience.
Platinum Home Warranty Claim Filing Procedure
If any covered system or appliance fails, homeowners can file a claim by following these steps:
- Contact Platinum Home Warranty at 602.733.5000 to request a service. Call between 8 am and 5 pm (Monday – Friday).
- After that, the company will make reasonable efforts to process your request and send a qualified technician to your home.
- During the service visit, you must pay a service fee of $75.
Note: Homeowners may have to pay extra for non-emergency service requests placed on weekends and holidays.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Platinum Home Warranty?
You can purchase a Platinum home warranty plan through its website by clicking the ‘Order Warranty’ option. However, before purchasing through any medium, it is crucial to understand the basics of a home warranty. So, we have curated an in-depth article for you to learn more about how to purchase a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage consists of systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On Platinum Home Warranty
According to our editorial evaluation, Platinum Home Warranty is appropriate for Arizonians seeking a complete package that includes extras such as pest control and re-keying. The variety of optional add-ons allows people to customize plans and enhance coverage, which is another plus.
However, we do not recommend the company to people outside of Arizona because the services are only available in that state. Also, if you’re on a budget crunch, Platinum might not be your best option!
We advise readers that if you purchase a plan from Platinum Home Warranty, read the fine print thoroughly. As a customer, you must be aware of the terms and conditions so you can avoid claim denials in the future.
Quick Details About The Company
Year Of Establishment
16211 N Scottsdale Rd Suite A6A-478, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, United States
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have existed for 14+ years
- We have listed more than 80+ companies with us
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticity of reviews
We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program
You May Also Be Interested In
Platinum Home Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Your air conditioner becomes a lifesaver when the sweltering summer he ...
Furnaces are vital in providing a comfortable temperature and improvin ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020