Sears Home Warranty Reviews 2023
Sears Home Services have been offering home warranty services for nearly 24 years. Some highlights of the company are that it provides a 180 days guarantee on its services, which is among the highest in the market. They also provide coverage without considering the age or unknown pre-existing issues of appliances or systems.
Sears Home Services offers three plans: the first covers appliances, the second covers systems, and the third is a combo, covering both appliances and systems. The company provides an additional benefit of heating and cooling preventive maintenance checks with all their plans.
This exhaustive Sears Home Service review will help you with all the needed information about the company to help your decision-making process. We have read hundreds of customer reviews and extensively researched the company to provide the following details:
- Plan and coverage details
- Cost and claims-related information
- Customer service and trustworthiness-related information
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||20|
|Plan Costs||$59.99 - $86.88|
|Waiting Period||30 Days|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Call Now For A QuoteWrite A Review
Why Sears Home Warranty?
- Sears Home Services provides a 180-day guarantee on repairs
- The company offers free heating & cooling preventive maintenance checks with all plans
- Sears does not take age or pre-existing conditions of systems/appliances into consideration
- The company offers an annual cap of $10,000 for all plans
latest Sears Home Warranty reviews
J Mendez , IL, Blue Island
Sears is a Great company! Always covered many repairs. Referred them to many of my friends and familycinthia Quintanilla , CA, Palmdale
i am very impressed with sears warranty . i have a samsung refrigerator and the ice make would not stop opening and closing. i submitted a claim and quicky they sent some one to fix it. they were not able to fix but they didn\'t give up even though it took a little while they realized the entire door had to be replace which was not cheap. They replaced the entire door and problem was solved. i am a happy customer.Maureen Stover , WA, Greenacres
I am surprised at all the bad reviews. I have been with Sears home warranty since 2018. I have had issues but they have been resolved. They seem to not have service people in my area so they let me contract with local companies and reimburse me for the payment. I always get my money\'s worth and my systems repaired.
Home Warranty Reviews1.8/5 (91)
Consumer Affairs4/5 (723)
Site Jabber1/5 (495)
Pros & cons of Sears Home Warranty
- 180-day repair guarantee on all plans
- Free heating & cooling maintenance check
- Offers coverage without considering product age and pre-existing conditions
- The cost of plans are very expensive
- Customer service needs improvement
Sears Home Warranty Covered States
Sears offers home warranty plans across the United States, except for Alaska. Check out the map below and learn more about your residence area.
Sears Home Services Plans & Coverage
Sears Home Services offers three plans- Appliance Plan, System Plan, and Whole Home Plan. As the name suggests, the Appliance Plan covers regular home appliances such as washers, dryers, microwaves, ovens, cooktops, etc. On the other hand, the Systems Plans cover HVAC, plumbing systems, and electrical systems. The Whole Home Plan is a combo covering all items listed under the other two plans.
Sears offers heating & cooling preventive maintenance checks with all plans nationwide and refrigerator preventive maintenance checks in just Hawaii. The company also offers optional coverage at an additional cost to expand the scope of the coverage beyond the plans.
Whole Home Plan
(Sold online only)
Refrigerator (With Or Without Built-In Icemaker)
Range Exhaust Fan
Indoor Built In Grill
Hvac Central Air Conditioning
Central Heating System
Plumbing Stoppages & Leaks Of Water
And Drain And Vent Lines
Garage Door Opener
Door Bells And Smoke Detectors
The images below offer details on all the components of the appliances covered as per the Sears Home Service’s contract:
Image description: Sears Home Services Appliances Coverage From The Sample Contract Document
Sears Home Warranty offers the following items under its optional coverage list:
- Swimming Pool And/Or Spa Combination
- Septic System
- Well Pump
- Sump Pump
- Free Standing Freezer
Find the detailed coverage details of optional items in the image below:
Image description: Sears Home Services Optional Coverage From The Sample Contract Document
Sears Home Services Exclusions
Sears Home Services excludes the following components for coverage:
Multi-media centers built into appliances, wine chillers, food spoilage, standalone or self-contained icemakers; standalone or self-contained water dispensers, free-standing freezer.
Temperature booster and steam nozzle.
Temperature booster and steam nozzle.
Glass/ceramic surface, broken, chipped, cracked glass cooktops due to misuse and abuse.
The company has also laid out some general conditions of exclusion if the system or appliance falls into any of the following categories:
- Damage due to lack of maintenance and cleaning
- Damage due to abuse, misuse, and/or neglect
- Damage due to lightning strikes, power failure, or power surge
- missing components, parts or equipment
- Damage due to animal, pet and/or pest
- Damage due to fire, flood, smoke, earthquake, freeze damage or Acts of God
- Damage due to manufacturer’s improper design, use of improper materials and/or formulas
- Damage due to structural damage and/or property damage
- Damage due to accidents, war, acts of terrorism, nuclear explosion, radioactive contamination, insurrection, or riots
- Damage due to vandalism or intentional destruction of property;
Sears Home Services Cost
The cost of Sears Home Services start at $49.99 for the Appliances Plan, the Systems Plan starts from $59.99 and the combo plan starts at $76.99. These rates are considerably higher than the market average, and in some states like Louisiana, these rates go up to $59.99, $69.99, and $86.99, respectively.
Sears charges a standard deductible or service call fee of $100 for every service visit. This premium and deductible cost structure is higher, making these plans less affordable for customers.
Cost Per Month
Whole Home Plan
Sears Home Service Discounts
Sears Home Services offers the following offers to its customers:
- 25% off on HVAC and water heater repairs on the purchase of Appliance Plan
- 25% off on appliance repairs on the purchase of Systems Plan
- 25% off on appliance, HVAC, and water heater repairs during the 30-day waiting period
Trustworthiness & Customer Service
Sears Home Services have generally received poor reviews across various platforms. On our platform, they have received a rating of 1.5/5. Most reviews revolve around poor customer service and high costs.
The reviews on other platforms, such as BBB, are also low, with a rating of 1.06/5. Much of the comments revolve around the same issues, which appears to be a common issue most customers face.
Our take on Sears Home Services is that they have made a good name for themselves as a repair service provider but couldn’t quite replicate the same with home warranty services. Although their plans are pretty comprehensive, customers must take caution about customer service in the long run.
Claims Filing Process For Sears Home Services
The company has a waiting period of 30 days, post which you can start filing claims for repairs or replacements. Follow these steps to file a claim on the Sears Home Services Platform successfully:
- Log in to your account on the company’s website or call Sear Home Services’ phone number to place your request. Sears Home Warranty customer service is available 24/7.
- The company processes service requests within two hours.
- The company will schedule an appointment with a third-party service technician to diagnose the problem.
- When the service technician visits your home, you must pay the deductible, as per your contract. The technician then diagnoses and repairs or replaces the broken item.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Sears Home Services?
To purchase a home warranty plan from Sears, go to their website and click on Enroll Now, or call on Sears’ phone number to get a free quote.
The company will collect your name, phone number, address, and zip code to get you the plan as per your location.
Additionally, we recommend reading our detailed article to learn more about how to purchase a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage consists of systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On Sears Home Services
The consensus of HomeWarrantyReviews.com’s editorial team is that Sears Home Services is among the poor-performing companies in the industry. Two issues particularly resonate in customer reviews: their customer service and the expensive plans.
The company needs to work on making it easy for customers to contact them to place their complaints. It also must work on closing the cases soon as many customers claim that their cases have remained unresolved for long, without sufficient communication.
We insist that customers read the terms and conditions of Sears Home Services in detail before making the final decision. While they offer comprehensive plans, the customer reviews suggest that you exercise caution while considering this company.
Quick Details About The Company
Year Of Establishment
5691 E Philadelphia St, Ontario, CA 91761-2805
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- More than 80+ companies are listed with us
- We have over 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticities of reviews
- We have a unique Complaint Resolution Program.
Are Sears service contracts still valid?
Yes, the Sears Home Warranty is still good, and lasts up to 12 months, and gets renewed every year automatically. It offers coverage for major home systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear.Q.
Is Sears Home Warranty getting out of business?
No, Sears Home Warranty is not getting out of business as it was acquired in 2018 by Transformco to offer home warranty services to its clients.Q.
Do home warranties cover damage?
Home warranties cover damages to your appliances and systems due to normal wear and tear. They also provide repair or replacement to the home items in return for a monthly/ annual premium.Q.
Who owns sears home warranty?
Transformco acquired Sears in 2018 when it filed for bankruptcy. After this, they have been offering coverage to the appliances and systems through them to the homeowners.Q.
Can I cancel sears home warranty?
Yes, you can cancel your Sears home warranty agreement. The process involves getting in touch with their customer service representative by dialing 855-256-2467. The representative will guide you further cancellation ofQ.
Do home warranties cover structural issues?
No, home warranties do not cover structural issues. The service contract only covers repair and replacement of major home appliances and systems.
You May Also Be Interested InPremium$46-$55Service Fee$85LimitUpto $3K/itemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee$50View DetailsPremium$60-$67Service Fee$75Limit$3k/itemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee $50View DetailsPremium$46-$50Service Fee$60-$75Limit$3k/ItemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee$75View Details
Sears Home Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
The convenience of having a dishwasher in one's home is undeniable. It ...
A seller’s home warranty is similar to a general home warranty contr ...
A refrigerator is vital in today’s homes as it keeps food at the rig ...