iBex Home Warranty, established in 2017, is a Utah-based new entrant in the industry. In just five years, their commendable customer service managed to get an A+ accreditation on BBB.
iBex offers one home warranty plan to cover all major home systems and appliances at $600. One of the useful features of iBex is that the plan has no waiting period, as it starts instantly once the payment is made.
To curate this iBex home warranty review, our editors have researched the company’s details and explored many customer reviews. Our review should help homeowners with-
- Plans and coverage details
- Dollar limits up to which items are secured
- Guide to filing claims
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||6|
|Coverage Limits||$2k - $3k|
|Service Fee||$65 -$130|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why Ibex Home Warranty?
- iBex home warranty provides coverage for all major systems and appliances
- iBex’s offered dollar limits are extensive
- iBex holds an A+ rating with the BBB
Review home Warranties
Pros & cons of Ibex Home Warranty
- No waiting period; coverage begins instantly after paying the premium
- Is transparent with terms and conditions
- Operates only in Utah
- Does not offer optional add-ons
Ibex Home Warranty Covered States
Ibex Home Warranty offers services in 1 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
iBex Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
iBex home warranty offers only one plan containing major home systems and appliances under six categories. These categories are
- Kitchen Appliances
- Laundry Appliances
- Interior Plumbing
- Air Conditioning
- Garage Doors
Although iBex offers just one plan, It covers a long list of items in its catalog. Check out the table below to explore the items included in the plan:
|Electric or natural gas range||✓|
|Clothes washer (top load or front load)||✓|
|Natural gas or electric clothes dryer||✓|
|Primary breaker or fuse panel||✓|
|Interior power supply wiring||✓|
|Standard switches mounted||✓|
|Bathroom exhaust fans||✓|
|Exterior A/C condensing unit||✓|
|Interior A/C evaporator coil||✓|
|A/C line set and wiring||✓|
|Freon and refrigerant||✓|
|Natural gas or propane forced-air furnace||✓|
|Condensate drain pump||✓|
|Fresh water supply system within main foundation walls||✓|
|Sewage drain system within the main foundation walls||✓|
|Natural gas supply system within main foundation walls||✓|
|Attached garage door||✓|
Note: iBex does not provide coverage for additional items.
iBex Home Warranty Exclusions
iBex does not provide coverage for the following things:
- Failures that occur for any reason other than normal wear and tear
- Any secondary damage that needs repair
- Reimbursement for repairs done for other than the mentioned factors
- Pre-existing conditions
- Failures brought on by improper upkeep, installation, or repairs
Aside from the general limitations, iBex has set the following coverage limits:
- Appliances limit of $3,000
- Electrical systems of $2,000
- Air conditioner and furnace limit of $2,500/item
- Interior plumbing limit of $2,000
- Garage door limit of $1,000.
iBex Home Warranty Cost
The iBex home warranty costs $600 annually for a single-family home less than 5000 sqft. You must contact the company for a customized quote if your home is over 5,000 sq. ft.
Other than the premium, customers must pay a $75 service fee or ‘copay’ during normal business days. Or, if a claim is submitted on a holiday, weekend, or after hours, the company charges $150 as the copay, which can be considered a bit expensive.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of iBex Home Warranty
iBex offers a comprehensive plan that covers major systems and appliances. Additionally, the company has an easily accessible sample contract that makes it convenient for customers to understand the coverage precisely. The BBB accreditation and A+ rating emphasize iBex’s commitment to providing quality service.
Apart from these positives, iBex must work on a few issues for improvement. The company’s policy of charging $150 as a deductible for filing claims on a weekend or a holiday adds an extra burden on the customers. Additionally, Some have mentioned incidents where they were charged additional fees due to contractor negligence problems.
Others say they’ve used the services of iBex over long periods without complaints and attest that they experienced satisfactory services during emergencies.
iBex Home Warranty Claim Filing Procedure
To file a claim with iBex home warranty, follow these steps:
- Contact them Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 801-731-4239.
- You can also use the online repair request portal at its website – iBexhw.com.
- Once your complaint is registered, you will be assigned an approved and authorized iBex contractor.
- They will be at your doorstep at the decided time, determine the coverage, approve it, and carry out the necessary repairs or replacements.
- If servicing is carried out during normal days, you must pay a service charge of $75. However, the ‘copay’ or service charge will be $150 during after-hours, weekends, or holidays.
Note: iBex states that any additional unrelated problem must be filed separately, and customers are responsible for paying the associated ‘copay.’
How To Buy A Home Warranty From IBex Home Warranty?
You can purchase an iBex home warranty plan through its website. However, contact a realtor since iBex does not offer plans directly to homeowners.
You can also quickly get a free quote from our website- HomeWarrantyReviews, and decide on your purchase by reading the fine print thoroughly. Although, a homeowner must be aware of some factors influencing a purchase choice. Check those out in our post on how to buy a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Cost-effective: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage includes systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess home warranty companies’ determination to respond to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On iBex Home Warranty
According to our editorial analysis, the iBex home warranty can be a good choice due to its comprehensive coverage at an accessible rate and simplified contract terms. However, please note that the product can only be purchased via real-estate transaction; if this doesn’t apply to your situation, we suggest you look into other alternatives.
Also, iBex is only available in Utah and thus cannot be accessed by customers from other states.
iBex home warranty offers standard coverage at fair market value but is unavailable in all states. However, we encourage homeowners to read the terms and conditions carefully before purchasing the plan from iBex.
Quick Details About The Company
Take a look at some important details below to know more about iBex home warranty.
|Year Of Establishment||
iBex Home Warranty, Department 367, PO Box 30015, SLC, UT 84130
|Type Of Company||
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- We have listed more than 80+ companies are listed with us
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticities of reviews
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program
iBex Home Warranty FAQs
Does ibex Home Warranty Have A Waiting Period?
According to the contract, the iBex home warranty becomes effective on the same day you pay.
Can I Cancel My Contract With Ibex Home Warranty?
You can terminate your agreement at any moment and receive a prorated return. Please be aware that there is a $200 cancellation fee.
Can You Renew Your Ibex Home Warranty Plan?
The company doesn’t disclose the renewal policy, but customers have reported that there is an option for automatic renewal of the plan.
Does Ibex Home Warranty Cover Plumbing?
iBex home warranty does cover interior plumbing under its plan. It includes a fresh water supply system within the main foundation walls, a drain-waste system within the main foundation wall, and a natural gas supply system within the main foundation walls.
You May Also Be Interested In
Home Warranty Blogs
Home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers hav ...
The dishwasher is among the most regularly utilized appliances at home ...