Headquartered in Florida, BFS Home Warranty was founded in 1973 as the Broward Factory Service. The company has been around for 50 years, serving in four states: Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada.
BFS home warranty offers three plans to customers- Basic, Delux, and Premium, that provide varied coverage levels. Moreover, the company also offers maintenance plans and HVAC-related services.
Our editorial team curates this detailed BFS home warranty review. To create this review, we considered many factors, including company information, customer reviews, etc. As our company review intends to help homeowners with
- Details on price, plans, coverage
- Dollar limits and exclusions
- Claim filing process
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||50|
|Coverage Limits||$250 - $1,500|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why BFS Home Warranty?
- BFS home warranty has served over 35,000 homeowners
- BFS offers a no-deductible option to homeowners
- The company has no age restrictions on the covered items
- BFS has over 18 local outlets across the States for a better customer experience
latest BFS Home Warranty reviews
Dennis Szal , AZ, Surprise
We have been burnt by other home warranty companies. Then we discovered BFS. They are highly professional, prompt, knowledgeable and personal. We have used he to fix problems with our micro wave (they actually bought us a new micro wave, they fixed our fridge and ac unity also. We strongly recommend BFS.Abraham Navarro , TX, Frisco
Since I started to request quotation the representative was very responsive, i was able to get a 2 year deal. They helped me with the AC tune up and the technician who visited was very kind and He gave me good tip to maintain in good shape my units, i live in the area of Frisco TX and I got the $0 deductibleAlfreda Lewis , TX, San Antonio
The technician was very knowledgeable, respectful, and friendly. I really appreciate the fact that he, not only called before arriving, but also arrived within the two hour time frame given. The work was efficient and fast. He answered all my questions and gladly took the time to educate me about my system. Amazing service, Thank you!Nicole Griggs , TX, Crowley
BFS came out and replaced my heat and ac system. My house has never cooled this good and now that the cold weather is here my house is warmer than ever. Thank you BFS for taking care of my family. We will be using you for many years to come.Mary Fagan , FL, The Villages
Called 8/8 for service. Scheduled for 11am-1pm. Service man arrived 11:15am on 8/9. He was in the house a total of about 15 min. He removed a leaking hose from the kitchen sink sprayer and replaced it with the new one I had. He was fast, efficient and friendly. No mess when he left and I now have a leak free hose. I have had Browards for a number of years and highly recommend them. A number of my friends and neighbors also have them and we are all happy with their serivce, and the personnel who man the phones. Thank you Broward for your service.Brenda Chaisson , FL, Tarpon Springs
I have full coverage with Broward (replacement). I call for service and usually the next day someone comes for the repair. I request a 30 minute window for arrival and they always call. Service techs are very knowledgeable and friendly. Sometimes parts have to be ordered but as soon as they are in they are back to complete the repair. I have been with Broward for 20 years. My son is purchasing a home and I am recommending that he also get a contact with Broward!
Consumer AffairsN/A/5 (N/A)
Pros & cons of BFS Home Warranty
- Covers unknown pre-existing conditions
- Provides coverage for freon, rust, and corrosion at no extra charge
- Not available in 46 states
- Does not provide information on limits before sign-ups
BFS Home Warranty Covered States
BFS Home Warranty offers services in 4 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
BFS Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
BFS home warranty offers three plans to homeowners- Basic, Deluxe, and Premium. These plans are adaptable to meet the diverse needs of buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals.
- The Basic Package Plan covers all the basic home systems, like a water heater, garbage disposal, and two air conditioners.
- The Deluxe Package Plan includes everything offered under the Basic Package plan. In addition, it covers major home appliances such as microwaves, washers, ovens, and refrigerators.
- The Premium Package Plan covers repairing and replacing all home systems and appliances with no service fees.
BFS home warranty plans include unique features, such as no service fee (deductible) options and no restriction on the age limit of the home or its systems and appliances. Take a look at the table below to learn more about the plans:
Air Conditioners (2) ✓ ✓ ✓ Water Heater ✓ ✓ ✓ Heating ✓ ✓ ✓ Standard Seer Upgrade ✓ ✓ ✓ Garbage Disposal ✓ ✓ ✓ Plumbing ✓ ✓ ✓ Electrical ✓ ✓ ✓ 5 Point Tune-Up ✓ ✓ ✓ Circuit Boards ✓ ✓ ✓ Unknown Pre-existing Conditions ✓ ✓ ✓ Freon ✓ ✓ ✓ Line Clearing (up to 6ft.) ✓ ✓ ✓ Oven/Range ✓ ✓ Microwave ✓ ✓ Dishwasher ✓ ✓ Refrigerator with Ice Maker & Dispenser ✓ ✓ Washer & Dryer ✓ ✓ No Deductible Option ✓
Besides these plans, BFS customers can also buy the Maintenance Plan, which provides routine maintenance for household equipment. It includes the Deluxe Maintenance Plan, which is priced at $189.
The below-listed items can be availed in exchange for additional charges, ranging from $15 to $200 yearly.
- Refrigerator With Ice Maker & Dispenser
- No Deductible
- Stoppage Coverage
- Double Oven
- Additional Pool Or Spa Additional Pump & Motor
- Extended Plumbing
- Each Additional Air Conditioner
- Each Additional Water Heater
- Emergency Service
- Garage Door Opener
- Water Softener
- Second Refrigerator
- Standalone Freezer
BFS Home Warranty Exclusions
Home warranty companies generally don’t cover damage from any kind of accident, abuse, misuse, fire, flood, windstorm, or act(s) of God. They also don’t cover damages from water, mold, mildew, fungus damage, or insects and rodents.
BFS plans will not cover the problems due to power surges or reductions. The coverage is limited to the perimeter of the dwelling and the interior of the residence.
The contract excludes any service or replacement provided by another company on a covered product without written authorization by BFS.
BFS does not disclose the coverage limits before purchase. Still, after evaluating their contract, we found that the coverage offered by BFS on all high-end or commercial appliances is limited to $1,500. Circuit Board coverage is limited to $250 per item.
BFS Home Warranty Cost
The pricing of BFS Home Warranty plans ranges between $270 – $950 annually, and the deductible is $75 per claim for Basic and Deluxe Plans. The price of service call fees is on the lower end when compared to the industry average. Moreover, you can also choose a ‘no deductible option’ where you pay $200 for unlimited service requests or calls.
Have a look at the following table to understand the pricing better.
Type Of Property
Note: BFS home warranty does not disclose monthly premiums.
Trustworthiness & Customer Services Of BFS Home Warranty
BFS Home Warranty has been in business for almost 50 years, providing consumers with three competitive home warranty plans and various extra services that few in the industry provide. These include protection against unknown pre-existing problems, rust, corrosion, freon, and so on.
BFS received 3.3 out of 5 stars on Google for such offerings. Some clients have expressed satisfaction with the professionals sent to resolve the issues. Customers also applauded BFS’s no-deductible service.
BFS, like any other company, has garnered mixed ratings of 2.5/5 on our platform based on hundreds of consumer reviews and editorial inputs. Many recent BFS Home Warranty reviews disclose that the company needs to be faster in processing claims.
Overall, BFS Home Warranty is considerable for its offers, but to increase customer satisfaction, the company needs better claim settlement services to increase customer satisfaction.
BFS Home Warranty Claims
The BFS home warranty claim process is simple. Follow these steps to file your claim:
- You can contact customer service at 1-877- 237-9700 during standard business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The company will assign a service technician to visit your home at an appropriate time.
- BFS will initiate the service within 24 hours, but if it is an emergency (like the loss of plumbing, heating, or cooling service), they may provide the service within 24 hours.
- You have to pay a service fee for each requested service visit, and the service cost may vary depending on the state.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From BFS Home Warranty?
You can purchase plans from BFS Home Warranty by calling the company at 1-800-237-9910. Additionally, we recommend reading our detailed article to learn more about how to purchase a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage consists of systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On BFS Home Warranty
We recommend BFS home warranty to those looking for comprehensive protection at a reasonable cost. The basic plan starts at $300 per year and covers two air conditioners, essential home systems, unidentified pre-existing conditions, etc., which may be adequate for most homeowners.
Customers wishing to cover a second appliance or system can benefit from the extensive selection of add-ons and even purchase a no-deductible option. Moreover, the company offers maintenance plans in which customers can opt for routine maintenance services of home equipment.
The company’s disadvantage is the reduction in the number of serviceable areas. Customers from only four states can use the company; those from other states might not be able to benefit from its offers.
BFS home warranty can be a worthwhile investment for Arizona, Nevada, Texas, and Florida residents. However, before purchasing its plans, we recommend customers understand the fine print and read customer reviews to know better about the company.
Quick Details About The Company
Here’s what else you need to know about BFS Home Warranty.
Year Of Establishment
3500 N. 28th Terrace Hollywood, FL 33020
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- More than 80+ companies are listed with us
- We have over 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticities of reviews
- We have a unique Complaint Resolution Program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Q.
What Voids A Home Warranty?
Your home warranty can become void if your appliances or systems break down due to a lack of maintenance, neglect, or misuse. You should also note that any damages to your items won’t be covered unless specified in your home warranty contract. We recommend you thoroughly read a company’s sample contract before purchasing a home warranty policy.Q.
Is The BFS HW Contract Transferable?
Yes, the BFS HW contract is transferable at no cost, and if you want to get more information about it, you can call the contract department at 1-800-237-9910.Q.
How To Cancel BFS Home Warranty Contract?
You may cancel your BFS Home Warranty at any time. To cancel the contract, contact the home warranty provider at 1-800-237-9910. You can also send an email to inform the agent that you wish to cancel the contract. If you choose to cancel within 20 days after the contract was made, you will receive a refund for the remaining term.Q.
How To Become A BFS Home Warranty Contractor?
To become a BFS home warranty contractor, you must send a formal application with documents verifying your status as a licensed contractor.
You May Also Be Interested In
BFS Home Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Your air conditioner becomes a lifesaver when the sweltering summer he ...
Furnaces are vital in providing a comfortable temperature and improvin ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020