Service One Home Warranty has provided home warranty services for more than 30+ years. Headquartered in Omaha, the company offers a range of service plans and local home warranty products to homeowners in Dubuque, Iowa, and Omaha. Their services include heating, cooling & geothermal, plumbing & drains, appliance repair, electrical service, and generators.
Service One provides two comprehensive plans- Traditional Home Warranty and New Construction Home Warranty. The New Construction Home Warranty covers the same items as the Traditional Home Warranty plan plus the newly constructed home until your constructed home is three years old.
This Service One Home Warranty review will help you with all the required information related to the company. This review is written after exhaustive research by our team and will offer the following information:
- Plan, plan costs, inclusions, and exclusions
- Claims related information
- Trustworthiness and the company’s customer service
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||34|
|Plan Costs||$95, $595|
|Service Fee||$75+ taxes|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why Service One?
- Service One Home Warranty offers budget-friendly plan options
- This home warranty company has a vast social media presence
- Service One offers dedicated and local services to Dubuque, Iowa, and Omaha
- The home warranty offers an online chat option for resolving queries
Pros & cons of Service One
- Online chat option to resolve queries
- Wide social media presence
- Offers services only in Omaha, Dubuque, Iowa
Service One Covered States
Service One offers services in 2 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Service One Plan & Coverage
Service One Home Warranty offers The Traditional Home Warranty Plan and The New Construction Home Warranty Plan. As the name suggests, the latter covers your newly constructed home.
The below table details the items covered under each of these plans:
Traditional Home Warranty
Construction Home Warranty
|Annual Furnace Maintenance||✓||✓|
|Air Conditioner/ Heat Pump||✓||✓|
|Annual Ac/Heat Pump Maintenance||✓||✓|
|Range Exhaust Fan||✓||✓|
|Garage Door Opener||✓||✓|
Service One Home Warranty Exclusions
Service One Home Warranty covers the appliances and systems repair or replacement to a certain limitation. The company has a limitation of up to $800 per kitchen/laundry appliance and up to $2000 per heating or cooling system. Service One Home Warranty has a coverage limit. The following items are not covered under the Service One Home Warranty plans.
Appliances: Lightings, clock timers, meat probes, induction cooking units, removable baskets, racks, rack assemblies, lock/ key assemblies, filters, trim, appliance cabinets, cabinet parts, shelving, drawers and components, complete doors and door liners, under counter refrigeration, refrigerator door gaskets, ice makers, ice and water dispensers and respective components.
Electrical: Decorative doorbell chimes, insufficient electrical service, power failure or shortages, intercom, speaker systems, underground outdoor lighting system, security system and fire alarms, ceiling fans, exhaust fans, attic/ whole house fans, low voltage systems, light fixtures.
Plumbing: Sinks, tubs, refrigerator water lines, shut off valves, insufficient water pressure, plumbing issues when water pressure is above 80 PSI, failure due to thermal expansion and sediment build up in water heaters, lead/ cast iron/ galvanized pipes, septic tanks, sewage pumps, jet pumps, well pumps and solar systems, water softener, purifier, purification system, sump pumps, battery backup system.
There may be other coverage limits on the covered appliances and systems which will be mentioned in the service contract. Also, more such exclusions can be found in the service contract. Thus, it is advisable to read the terms of the contract thoroughly before you make a purchase.
Service One Home Warranty Cost
As per the current information available, the premium and service fees of both plans are as follows:
Traditional Home Warranty Plan
$75 + tax
New Construction Home Warranty Plan
$75 + tax
Note: You should go through your service contract to understand the pricing of these plans more precisely, as these may vary with the state of residence and the coverage you opt for.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of Service One Home Warranty
Service One Home Warranty has received a BBB rating of 4.76/5 after 100+ customer reviews. The homeowners have praised the company’s affordable plans, customer service, and professionalism.
Overall, Service One Home Warranty has been liked by many homeowners because of its competitive plans and professional team. However, before investing, we highly advise the users to read the information related to the company’s plans, pricing, and more.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Service One Home Warranty?
To buy a Service One Home Warranty, you will have to fill out the online form or call the Service One Home Warranty phone number to place an order. Making the right decision with so many options can be difficult, especially if you are a new buyer. Check our guide to learn how to purchase a home warranty.
Service One Home Warranty Claims
Contact the Service One Home Warranty by dialing the phone number, or you can even contact them online. Here is how to file a claim:
- Once you submit your claim, Service One Home Warranty will assign a technician to come over and repair your item.
- The company will assign a licensed, bonded, and insured in-house technician.
- Whether you want the repair or replacement, you must pay the deductible. However, the company will bear the repair and replacement costs.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage includes systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set it apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On Service One Home Warranty
The editorial team at HomeWarrantyReviews.com thinks that Service One Home Warranty is well-suited for people looking for comprehensive coverage for major appliances and systems. The friendly customer service and affordable plans are a bonus for the customers.
The company is not available 24/7 to address the customer’s issues in case of a breakdown. So, we advise homeowners to read the company’s policies before investing in their plans. By reading the service agreement thoroughly, you will be able to get proper information regarding the plan inclusions and exclusions.
Service One Home Warranty is a viable option for Omaha, Dubuque, and Ioha homeowners. We recommend that customers thoroughly review the terms and conditions before choosing the company. While they provide comprehensive coverage, the company is unavailable 24/7 for homeowners.
Quick Details About The Company
|Year Of Establishment||
9335 J St, Omaha, NE 68127-1206
|Type Of Company||
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years,
- We have listed more than 80+ companies are listed with us,
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews,
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticity of reviews, and
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is The Best Home Warranty Company To Go With?
There are a lot of companies in the market that offer home warranties. Choosing one from them might be tricky. But one can consider a few big names like ServicePlus, American Home Shield, and Select Home Warranty. You can find more information about the best home warranty companies.
Do Home Warranties Cover Things Already Broken?
Home warranties generally do not cover already bokeh items or pre-existing conditions. However, some companies cover undetectable ones. The best way to ensure this is to read the service contract terms to know which ones are covered and which are not before buying a home warranty.
Does Home Warranty Cover Faucets?
Yes, home warranties cover faucets, pipes, and other plumbing fixtures. You can find more information on what is covered under the plumbing services in your service agreement.
You May Also Be Interested In
Service One reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers hav ...
The dishwasher is among the most regularly utilized appliances at home ...