Headquartered in Iowa, Home Warranty Inc., or the Home Warranty of the Midwest, Inc., has been in the industry for 24 years. Some company highlights include 14-month standard plans and coverage for undetectable pre-existing conditions.
Home Warranty Inc. offers three plans to homeowners in 44 U.S. states: Home Protection Plan, Appliance Protection Plan, and Supplemental Home Protection Plan. The first plan includes significant systems and appliances, the second is an à la carte appliance plan, and Supplemental Home Protection Plan offers coverage for 14 systems and appliances.
This Home Warranty Inc. review offers details after thoroughly reading the reviews from the current users and detailed research by our editorial team. Here are the included coverages in this article:
- Cost, coverage, plan inclusions, and exclusions
- Customer service and company’s trustworthiness
- Step-by-step claim instruction
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||24|
|Plan Costs||$30 - $49|
|Coverage Limits||$5k / item|
|Service Fee||$0 - $100|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why Home Warranty Inc?
- Home Warranty Inc. offers 14-month standard coverage to the homeowners
- Home Warranty Inc. doesn’t charge deductible on Appliance Plan
- Home Warranty Inc. offers the freedom to select a local contractor
- Home Warranty Inc. has over 24 years of experience in the industry
latest Home Warranty Inc reviews
Nasir Malkana , TX, Katy
I had an AC claim. They asked to get an AC repair man inspect the unit. The repair man diagnosed the leak, they asked him to recharge the gas although it had a leak, well it\'s their process, so we did that and it leaked again. They spoke to the repair man and he gave them the price and warranty co paid in full.Jeremy Storment , MO, Branson
All of my experiences with Home Warranty have been great! They were quick to respond and repair damaged item on each of our claims. I believe we have had 5 or 6 claims over the last couple years and I have been completely satisfied with each one!Chris , NV, Las Vegas
Fue una de las mejores decisiones que pude tomar , rápido fácil buena comunicación sin muchos problemas.Home Warranty, Inc. , IA, Rock Rapids
This is in response to Jeff Squiers. Home Warranty, Inc. did end up paying for the service work to be done on the refrigerator mentioned after the real estate agent confirmed which appliances conveyed with the property. This site does not allow for a company to indicate which reviews are by verified purchasers of the products nor does it allow a company to respond to an individual review.Phil R , IL, Batavia
Renewing for a 3rd year. Is expensive because I have to pay extra for dual water heaters, furnace, air, etc., but I feel worth it. Have used service quite often. They don't like to replace items but always repair and if they don't have a contractor will let you find your own. No the ice maker wasn't covered but that's clearly stated in the contract terms. Once had air go out twice in same month and since covered part was different I had to pay deductible twice.If you decide to replace or upgrade an item they reimburse you quickly.
Consumer AffairsN/A/5 (N/A)
Pros & cons of Home Warranty Inc
- Provides 14 months of coverage on the Home Protection Plan
- Does not charge deductible on Appliance Plan
- Plans are a bit expensive as per industry level
Home Warranty Inc Covered States
Home Warranty Inc. Service Plans & Coverage
Home Warranty Inc. provides three plans to homeowners: Home Protection Plan, Appliance Protection Plan, and Supplemental Home Protection Plan. Apart from these plans, you can even get coverage for optional items at an extra cost. Let’s take a closer look at the offered home warranty plans!
- Home Protection Plan: This is a 14-month coverage plan including 20 systems and appliances
- Appliance Protection Plan: This is an à la carte appliance plan
- Supplemental Home Protection Plan: This plan covers 14 systems and appliances.
Home Protection Plan
Appliance Protection Plan
Supplemental Home Protection Plan
Heating Units ✓ Cooling Units ✓ Air Exchanger ✓ ✓ Ductwork ✓ Water Heater (Including Tankless) ✓ ✓ ✓ Interior Plumbing ✓ ✓ Plumbing Stoppages ✓ Interior Electrical Wiring ✓ Sump Pump ✓ Garbage Disposal ✓ ✓ Central Vacuum ✓ ✓ Garage Door Opener ✓ ✓ Trash Compactor ✓ ✓ ✓ Built-In Or Over-The-Range Microwave ✓ ✓ ✓ Kitchen Refrigerator And Ice Maker ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwasher ✓ ✓ ✓ Range/Oven/Cooktop Stove ✓ ✓ ✓ Clothes Washer ✓ ✓ ✓ Clothes Dryer ✓ ✓ ✓ Furnace Or Air-To-Air Heat Pump ✓ ✓ Air Conditioner ✓ ✓ Annual Furnace Inspection ✓ ✓ Water Softener ✓ ✓ Wall Oven ✓ ✓ Refrigerator/Stand Alone Freezer ✓ ✓ Primary Heating Unit ✓ Primary Cooling Unit ✓
The items listed in the table below are optional add-ons you can purchase in return for a few dollars. Take a look:
- Jetted Bathtub
- Pool Or Spa
- Water Softener
- Well Pump
- Septic System Plumbing/Septic Tank Pump
- Ice Maker
- Enhanced HVAC Plus
- 360 Home Connect Utility & Moving Service (Free)
- Limited Roof Leak
- Limited Slab Leak
- Surgeshield & Surgeshield Plus Protection*
*(The products covered under SurgeShield Plus Protection are Televisions, tablets & netbooks, gaming systems, laptop, computers, video surveillance, alarm monitoring systems, home theater sound systems, printers, digital cameras, and led light bulbs. However, SurgeShield will cover the damage caused by power surges to all the covered systems and appliances.)
Home Warranty Inc. Exclusions
According to the service contract, Home Warranty Inc. will not cover the following:
- Damages caused by customer’s negligence, Acts Of God, pests, and pets.
- Systems and appliances used for commercial purposes.
- Manufacturer’s defects, cosmetic repairs, and routine maintenance.
- Service performed on systems with toxic materials.
- Removal or demanufacturing of a system or an appliance or any associated costs.
- Repair or replacement of items whose damage is caused by moisture, mold, rot, fungus, rust, and corrosion.
- Reconstruction of damage to walls, floors, tile, and ceilings. The company will also not pay any cost for the same.
Apart from that, home warranty companies have some coverage limitations regarding how much liability they have for repairing and replacing covered items. Home Warranty Inc. mentions in its contracts that its liability will not exceed $5,000 per covered item or $15,000 aggregate during the agreement period.
NOTE: Your plan may have other exclusions, so we recommend reading your contract thoroughly before making any commitments.
Home Warranty Inc. Cost
The plans offered by Home Warranty Inc. vary in price. As per the available information, the cost of their plans is as follows:
Home Protection Plan
Appliance Protection Plan
Depending on the items you choose.*
Depending on the items you choose.*
Supplemental Home Protection Plan
However, you must consider that the total price depends on your selected plan, your area of residence, and the optional items you may have chosen.
* Monthly pricing of the appliances
- Furnace: $7/Mo
- Air-To-Air Heat Pump: $14/Mo
- Annual Furnace Inspection: $5/Mo
- Air Conditioner: $7/Mo
- Water Heater: $5/Mo
- Trash Compactor: $5/Mo
- Over-The-Range Microwave: $5/Mo
- Refrigerator: $5/Mo
- Stand Alone Freezer: $5/Mo
- Dishwasher: $5/Mo
- Range/Stove: $5/Mo
- Cooktop Stove: $5/Mo
- Wall Oven: $5/Mo
- Washer: $5/Mo
- Dryer: $5/Mo
- Water Softener: $5/Mo
NOTE: The company offers one month of free coverage on the Home Protection Plan when you select to pay via some ACH payment mode.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of Home Warranty Inc.
Home Warranty Inc. has received mixed ratings from homeowners. On BBB, the company has received a rating of 3.07/5 after approximately 70+ reviews. Most positive reviews show that the homeowners are happy with the comprehensive coverage, while negative ones show many cases of denied claims.
On our platform, the company has received a rating of 1.5/5 which depicts customers’ dissatisfaction with the company. The complaints usually revolve around customer service and denied claims.
However, the recent reviews highlight the company is working on taking the complaints seriously. Home Warranty Inc. is working hard to provide tough competition in the market and offer satisfactory services to its customers.
Home Warranty Inc. Claims Filing Procedure
The coverage begins on the date you sign up for the plan, but there is a waiting period of 30 days for the optional coverage. So, you must wait 30 days before filing a claim on optional items. To file a claim, you will need to:
- Give a call on the toll-free number (877) 977-4949. As per the company, this line is 24/7 to the customers, who can speak to live customer service representatives.
- Explain the problem to the representative, and they will arrange for a technician to visit your home.
- However, the company also allows you to call the technician of your choice. If you wish to do so, please clarify it with the representative.
- You can also file the claim via an online form on its website.
- You must pay a service fee or deductible every time a technician visits to address a claim. This amount will be mentioned in your service contract; carefully read it.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Home Warranty Inc.?
Purchasing a home warranty from Home Warranty Inc. is easy. You can visit the company’s website. You can even call Home Warranty Inc.’s phone number for any questions.
Going for the best home warranty plan gets tricky, especially if you buy it for the first time. You can review our in-depth article to prepare for a home warranty purchase.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to offering our customers in-depth home warranty reviews to help you select the best home warranty company. To ensure that our reviews maintain high standards of credibility, we consider the following points to help us publish content that is as accurate and reliable as possible.
- Plans: We look at companies’ various plans and evaluate them based on their cost and the inclusion of major appliances and systems.
- Coverage: We consider coverage an essential factor based on a company’s extent of protection. Larger coverage caps offer more protection, and thus it would mean the scores highly in our reviews.
- Contract terms: We give importance to how companies present their terms and conditions in the contract. If a company’s contract intends to unnecessarily confuse customers by using vague or complicated terms, the same will reflect in our overall review of the company.
- Customer reviews: User reviews about service carry a lot of importance as it is a primary source of information highlighting the service quality of companies. More positive reviews will help companies attain higher rankings or vice versa.
- Trust: We ask companies to share documents to prove their credentials and monitor their standing with BBB and Yelp.
Editorial Note on Home Warranty Inc.
As per our editorial assessment, Home Warranty Inc. is suitable for homeowners seeking comprehensive coverage. The company even offers an al-a-carte appliance plan, making it easier to have customized coverage as per your requirements.
Home Warranty Inc. is for homeowners looking for affordable plans for their homes. Also, we recommend people go through the company’s website to check their terms and conditions to know about the coverage and coverage limits.
We advise people to read the terms and conditions of Home Warranty Inc. in detail before investing in the home warranty policy. While the company offers comprehensive plans, customer reviews advise homeowners to proceed with extra caution while signing up for the company’s plans.
Quick Details About The Company
Year Of Establishment
PO Box 1
Rock Rapids, IA 51246, US
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews.com?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years,
- We have listed more than 80+ companies are listed with us,
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews,
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticities of reviews, and
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program.
Home Warranty INC FAQsQ.
What Is The Best Home Warranty Company To Go With?
There are many home warranty companies in the market, but some market leaders, such as American Home Shield, Choice Home Warranty, and ServicePlus, are some options you can consider. You can also read our article about the best home warranty companies.Q.
Do Home Warranties Cover Anything?
Typically, a home warranty covers the repair and replacement costs of major home systems and appliances that break down due to normal wear and tear. Most major appliances and systems, such as HVAC, refrigerators, washers, dryers, ovens, pools, plumbing, electricals, etc., are usually covered by most home warranty companies.Q.
What Are The Cons Of A Home Warranty?
A typical disadvantage of a home warranty is that it may not cover everything in your home. Every home warranty plan comes with exclusions. For instance, your plan may not necessarily cover plumbing or electrical adjustments. Make sure you clarify such details before making any purchase.
You May Also Be Interested In
Home Warranty Inc reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers hav ...
The dishwasher is among the most regularly utilized appliances at home ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020