National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty Reviews 2023
Headquartered in Utah, National Home Guaranteed was established in 2013 and offers home protection plans at affordable rates. The company has a dedicated team of experienced professionals committed to providing coverage plans to Colorado, Utah, and Washington customers.
They provide four plans to the homeowners and the Best Value Plan, which includes everything from the other plans and additional appliances and systems. The deductible service fee is $45, lower than the industry average of $75-$100.
Our editorial team has written the National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty review after thorough research and by going through online customer reviews. In this review, we will include:
- Coverage details and limits
- Step-by-Step Claim process
- Inclusions, exclusions, costs
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||10|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty?
- National Home Guaranteed has customer service available 24/7
- National Home Warranty offers coverage for sewer stoppages
- NHG Home Warranty provides five different plan options to homeowners
- National Home Guaranteed has an affordable service fee of $45
latest National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty reviews
Jean Leuck , UT, La Verkin
NHG has been FANTASTIC. We have been with them for 4 years. They have always been very responsive and taken great care of us on multiple occasions. I highly advise everyone to get their coverage=it gives me great peace of mind to know they always have us covered.Steph Blatter Kim , UT, Salt Lake City
NHG was very prompt in responding to our concerns and dealt with all our issues effectively. ****** was very helpful in fixing our fridge and made sure they followed through on getting the right motor replacement. Really appreciated all the help!Kristina Welch , CO, Castle Rock
Contacting NHG has been so easy and they have someone good at their job out the next day. It has been well worth the money, both for the money and for the effort of finding a repair person.Kathy , UT, Sandy
We had a water heater that exploded on a Friday night. When we called into the service department to have someone come out and fix it, they were there immediately. They did an amazing job and the installer was pleasant and knowledgeable. He stayed until he know the job was complete. We felt like we got the most incredible service. Thank you National Home Guarantee!Kathy Sidwell , UT, Sandy
We had a water heater that exploded on a Friday and when we called into the service department to have someone come out they were at our home immediately. They stayed until the job was completely done and they made sure they did all that was necessary to get our hot water in working order. On the weekend! It was amazing. The installer was pleasant and knowledgeable and we felt like we got the most incredible service ever!! Thank you National Home Guarantee.Tami Schwendima , UT, Cottonwood Heights
Kenneth was professional and easy to work with. Thank you for helping me remedy my problem. This is a great company. I recommend it highly!
Angie3.3/5 (25)4/5 (140)
Pros & cons of National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty
- Coverage offered for sewer stoppages
- 24/7 customer service
- Doesn’t offer services all over U.S
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty Covered States
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty offers services in 3 states, excluding Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia and Wyoming.
National Home Guaranteed Plans & Coverage
The company offers customers five major plans, one of the highest options available for homeowners in the industry. They provide the following major plans and coverage to its customers:
- Standard Coverage– The plan covers several essential items, including an electrical system.
- Standard Plus Coverage- Under this option, coverage is available for a garage door opener, central heating system, and several other critical items in a home.
- Plus Favorite Coverage– Protection is available for a kitchen refrigerator, among many other essential items needed for the smooth functioning of a home.
- Premier Favorite Coverage is a comprehensive coverage plan covering many critical devices in today’s modern-day homes.
- Best Value: The company covers everything from the above 4 plans and other appliances and systems under this plan.
Items Standard Standard Plus Plus Favorite Premier Favorite Best Value Central Heating System (2 units included) ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Plumbing System ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sewer Stoppages ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Electrical System ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Garage Door Opener ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Water Heater ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Appliances (range, cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, trash compactor ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Garbage Disposal ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Central Vacuum ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Air Conditioners/Coolers (2 units included) ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Kitchen Refrigerator ✓ ✓ ✓ Clothes Washer ✓ ✓ Clothes Dryer ✓ ✓ Additional Heating Unit (s) ✓ Additional Air Conditioner (s)/Cooler (s) ✓ Additional Garage Openers ✓ Additional Water Heaters ✓
Additionally, you can select the following optional items at an extra cost:
- Air Conditioning System
- Kitchen Refrigerator
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Additional Heating Unit(s)
- Additional Air Conditioner(s)/ Cooler(s)
- Additional Garage Openers
- Additional Water Heaters
- Pre-existing/Unknown Condition
- Any Additional Full Kitchen
- Swimming Pool Equipment
- Spa Equipment
- Common Pool and Spa Equipment
- Interior Whirlpool/Equipment
- Well Pump
- Sump Pump
- New Construction
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty Exclusions
National Home Guaranteed has the following limitations:
- Any home equipment leased by you and not owned
- Roofs, flashing, eaves, gutters, walls, doors, ceiling, basement walls, foundations, dows, slabs, or any structural items. Any component on any system.
- Adaptive, consequential, or connective items which have not failed but can get replaced when installing a failed item
- Any rusted condition to components
Note: There may be other exclusions, so we recommend you go through the service contract before proceeding.
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty Cost
The cost of the National Home Guaranteed home warranty plans varies based on coverage. The Standard Coverage plan is priced at a nominal $330 for one year. The Standard Plus Coverage option costs customers $380 yearly.
The deductibles cost $45 for all of the company’s plans. Buyers opting for plans must choose an option that suits their requirements and budget only so they don’t feel let down later on.
Here are the cost details of the company:
National Home Guaranteed has affordable pricing compared to the country’s industry average. The company’s advanced best-value plan is offered at $600, within the range of industry standards. However, the company only provides yearly plans and is not recommended for people searching for monthly coverage plans.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty
National Home Guaranteed has received an average rating of 4 stars out of 5 after 140 reviews on Google. Most reviews revolve around the company’s professional, prompt, and customer-friendly services.
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty has attracted several customers because of its competitive pricing. However, the company is still new and needs to offer better services and improve its claim settlement services to capture more customers.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From National Home Guaranteed
Buying a National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty is simple. You can go to the company’s website and order your home warranty. Alternatively, call the National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty at 1-800-597-0552 for a free quote.
Going for the right home warranty plan as a buyer can become tricky, especially if you are a new buyer. Our exhaustive guide on purchasing a home warranty will help you in this case.
National Home Guaranteed Claims Filing Procedure
Filing claims with the National Home Guaranteed home warranty is an easy process. The following pointers mentioned below will help you file an effective claim.
- When you notice a device malfunctioning, dial 1-800-597-0552 to contact the company immediately.
- The company will send an authorized contractor to check out the problematic device.
- Depending on the device’s condition, the item will either get repaired or replaced.
- Once a thorough diagnosis gets complete, you pay the service fee to the technician.
Note– You must pay a service call fee each time a technician comes over. You must only file a claim if the household item needs repairs and requires a thorough inspection.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage includes systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On National Home Guaranteed
The editorial team of HomeWarrantyReviews.com concludes that National Home Guaranteed is one of the companies that provide prompt services. The company is suitable for homeowners looking for comprehensive coverage at affordable pricing.
The company is not for homeowners looking for experienced home warranty services. Also, they offer services to a limited number of states, so we suggest the homeowners double-check whether they offer coverage in your area. Additionally, don’t forget to check the pricing policy and sample contract.
National Home Guaranteed has an exhaustive list of coverage options for homeowners for full coverage. Offering its services to only three states, the company charges a lower deductible than the market standards. So, you must get a free quote from the company, check if everything is as per your requirements, and proceed with your decision.
Quick Details About The Company
Year Of Establishment
1935 E Vine St Ste 140, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84121, United States
Type Of Company
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- More than 80+ companies are listed with us
- We have over 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticities of reviews
- We have a unique Complaint Resolution Program.
Does National Home Guarantee Provide Coverage For All Components Under Its Plans?
No, National Home Guarantee does not cover all components for the items that they protect under its plans. Read through the service contract to get a complete list of what parts are covered. Once you have a clear picture of what to expect, you can make the best possible decision for your home.Q.
Can I Cancel Or Transfer My National Home Guarantee Service Contract
Yes, you can cancel or transfer your service policy. You must pay $49 at the time of cancellation or transfer. You may be eligible for a refund depending on when you cancel your contract. Contact customer care or read your policy’s fine print.Q.
What Is The Duration Of A National Home Guarantee Policy?
National Home Guarantee contracts are applicable for a set duration of 12 months. If you are happy with the company’s services, you can renew your policy before it expires. You can stick with your current plan or opt for an upgrade depending on your requirements.
You May Also Be Interested In
National Home Guaranteed Home Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers hav ...
The dishwasher is among the most regularly utilized appliances at home ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020