For the past 40 years, Old Republic Home Protection has been providing comprehensive home warranty plans to buyers, sellers and real estate professionals alike. Considered as the nation’s third largest home warranty company, Old Republic protects their customers against expensive repair and replacements of household appliances.
Old Republic Home Protection’s vision is to be People Helping People. The company states that they strive to provide good customer service and to ensure that all their customers are satisfied.
Old Republic Home Protection offers a wide range of online services. Each service is geared specifically towards homeowners, real estate professionals, and contractors.
The company’s official website gets updated frequently, hence, customers can always find the required information online.
- Homeowner Central is a comprehensive online resource for plan holders, allowing them to request service, update their account information, make payments, and help them make the most of their home warranty plan.
- The Toolbox contains a variety of tools specifically designed for real estate professionals. In addition to ordering and managing home warranty plans for their clients, agents can request service for their clients, read informative tips and articles, and find a host of free customizable online tools designed to build the agent’s business.
- The Contractor Connection facilitates a smooth customer service experience by allowing their massive independent network of service providers to communicate quickly and effectively with Old Republic Home Protection. Report submissions, request authorization, and ordering of parts can be done through this tool.
Old Republic Home Protection’s home warranty plans provide comprehensive coverage. They focus on the real estate industry, providing protection to home sellers, home buyers, and agents during one of the largest transactions they may ever make.
Covers most major systems and appliance. Annual premium ranges from $260 to $500, depending on the location of your home. The company’s standard home warranty plan offers coverage on plumbing, water heaters (including tankless water heaters), heating systems, electrical systems, and kitchen appliances, including ovens/ranges, dishwashers, built-in microwaves, garbage disposals, and trash compactors. They also include specialty items such as built-in whirlpool bathtubs, garage door openers, hot water recirculating pumps, and central vacuum systems at no extra cost. In some locations, air conditioning, refrigerator and washer/dryer may be included with standard coverage.
The Ultimate Protection plan upgrade
This plan offers an exceptional value. In addition to their standard coverage, items covered by Ultimate Protection include the cost to correct code violations (up to $250 per plan), the cost of permits (up to $250 per occurrence), cranes needed for covered HVAC malfunctions, haul away of old appliances and equipment, recovery and disposal of refrigerants, and over 30 other items.
Platinum Protection plan upgrade
This plan provides the company’s most comprehensive coverage. In addition to everything covered by the standard plan and Ultimate Protection, Platinum Protection adds:
In addition, the company also offers a wide variety of optional coverage for specialty items such as pool and spa equipment, ornamental fountains, water softeners, septic systems, well pumps, and much more.
- Up to $1,000 per plan for construction/carpentry or other related costs necessary to effect a covered repair or replacement (including the correction of code violations)
- Up to $250 per Plan to clear stoppages occurring due to roots or toward the removal of toilets or other access to clear a stoppage (including the cost to install a ground level cleanout)
- Up to $500 per Plan for repair/replacement of vents/flues, as part of a covered service
- Increase the standard plan limit per plan term by $1,000 ( amounting up to $2,500 in total) for the repair/replacement of diesel, oil, Glycol, hot water, steam, radiant, geothermal, water cooled and water sourced heating and air conditioning systems
- Tub spouts (replaced with chrome builder’s standard, as necessary), tub spout diverters, and basket strainers