Headquartered in North Carolina, Frigidaire is known for offering high-quality kitchen and laundry appliances. The company has started providing an appliance protection plan, namely the Total Protection Plan, to protect the kitchen and laundry appliances.
The plan covers six categories of home appliances, including cooking, dishwasher, laundry, freezer, refrigerator, and room air. Customers can avail of this plan across 38 U.S. states.
This Frigidaire review will provide necessary information to the users about the company and help them make an informed decision. After reading hundreds of customer reviews and doing exhaustive research, we can provide you with the following information:
- Plans, pricing, and coverage
- Information related to claims
- Customer service
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||105|
|Plan Costs||As per product’s cost|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Why Frigidaire Warranty?
- Frigidaire Warranty doesn’t charge deductibles for a technician visit
- The company provides multi-year coverage to the homeowners
- Frigidaire has vast coverage for the appliances
- The company offers top-quality repairs by Frigidaire-trained service experts
Pros & cons of Frigidaire Warranty
- Doesn’t charge deductibles
- Offers multi-year coverage
- Doesn’t provide 24/7 services
- No coverage for home systems
Frigidaire Warranty Covered States
Frigidaire Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
Frigidaire Home Warranty offers a Total Appliance Protection Plan for six categories of appliances. In any mechanical breakdowns or failure due to normal usage, the company will furnish labor, parts, or replacement (or pay for the same). Take a look at the table below to see all the covered products:
Frigidaire Home Warranty Exclusions
Frigidaire Warranty does not cover the following:
- Improperly installed appliances
- Cosmetic Damage
- Damages caused by rust
- Repairs are done by any unauthorized professional (someone not assigned by Frigidaire)
- Failures due to fire, flood, freezing, power failure, acts of War, acts of God
- Pre-existing conditions
- Any upgrades or alternation
NOTE: There may be other limitations to your contract. We recommend you read the service agreement carefully before signing up.
How Much Does Frigidaire Warranty Cost?
The total cost of any appliance registered under the Total Appliance Protection Plan depends on the retail price of that appliance and the number of years for which you need protection.
Top Home Warranty Companies For Frigidaire Home Appliances
The Frigidaire warranty and homeowners insurance doesn’t cover normal wear and tear on your appliances, but the best home warranty company comes in handy. In this section, we will discuss the best home warranty companies to protect your Frigidaire appliances.
Also, get a free quote for easy comparison for a smooth decision-making process.
Service Fee$75 - $125
1st month free + Free roof coverage
$200 Off + 2 Months Free*
Premium$44 - $47
$150 off + Free roof coverage + 2 months free
Frigidaire Warranty Discounts
You may get the coverage at a discounted price if you opt for a 2,3, or 5-year plan or by adding a promo code.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of Frigidaire Home Warranty
Frigidaire is considered one of the topmost brands to buy kitchen appliances in the United States. It provides home protection plans for major household appliances, regardless of brand.
With over 100 years of experience, the company has built a significant brand presence nationwide. Frigidaire’s plan offerings and regular discounts make it a good choice for homeowners with appliances from Frigidaire.
However, recently there have been complaints about the customer support and technicians which can be improved from the company’s end. As a result, the company has received an average 1.5/5 star rating on our platform, showing significant areas for improvement.
The company needs to work on providing dedicated services to homeowners choosing extended home warranty coverage.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Frigidaire Home Warranty?
You can purchase a Frigidaire warranty plan through its website. You can select the category of your appliance and enter its retail price and date of purchase. However, ensure you provide the correct information, which may affect your total purchase price.
However, a homeowner must know some factors influencing a buying choice. Check out such crucial pointers in our post on how to buy a home warranty.
Frigidaire Home Warranty Claims Filing Procedure
Here is the procedure to follow in case you want a Frigidaire Warranty claim:
- To request a service from Frigidaire, you can contact the company directly by calling 1-800-374-4432. You can reach the company from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (EST).
- Customer support may ask for the product’s model number and serial number.
- The company will assign a professional technician to fix the issue upon verification.
- Take note that Frigidaire doesn’t charge any deductible or service fee.
The total number of claims provided by the company is limited and varies as per the product’s retail price. In some events, the company may opt to choose cash in lieu. However, this price will be determined by the company as per the retail cost of the product minus sales tax.
No Lemon Guarantee: The company states that if three service repairs have been conducted on a product or its part, the next time (fourth time), the company will either replace it or provide cash for the same. However, this guarantee is not for the manufacturers’ warranty period.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage consists of systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set it apart.
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On Frigidaire Home Warranty
Our editorial team suggests that Frigidaire Home Warranty plans are a well-suited option only if you have bought appliances from them and are looking for extended coverage. It might also be a good option if you plan to get a multi-year plan.
However, the individual coverage costs for separate household appliances are higher than packed plans, so it might not be your first choice if you have a budget crunch.
Frigidaire Home Warranty is a good choice for people buying Frigidaire products. However, we always encourage customers to get a quote from the company’s website and read the fine print before investing in the plan.
Quick Details About The Company
|Year Of Establishment||
Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.
|Type Of Company||
Why Should You Trust HomeWarrantyReviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years
- We have listed more than 80+ companies with us
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticity of reviews
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program
Frigidaire Warranty FAQs
Can I Cancel My Contract With Frigidaire Warranty?
Yes, you can cancel 15 days before written notice. You must send your contract and the written notice to Electrolux Warranty Corporation, P.O. Box 212549, Augusta, GA 30907. The cancellation fee differs for each covered state, so we recommend confirming it before purchasing.
What Does A Frigidaire Warranty Generally Cover?
Frigidaire warranty typically covers the labor, parts, or replacement (or pay for same) of eligible products that fail during normal usage or mechanical breakdowns.
How Long Is A Manufacturer Warranty On A Refrigerator?
Manufacture refrigerator warranty generally lasts a year, after which customers can opt for extended protection and home warranty coverage.
What Happens If You Lose Your Warranty Receipt?
In such events, you may not be entitled to receive services from the company. It is always suggested that you save all receipts and records as proof of purchase.
How Long Is A Frigidaire Refrigerator Warranty?
Frigidaire’s appliance warranty plan is up to five years. Customers can opt for the duration as per their needs.
Is Frigidaire Extended Warranty Any Good?
Frigidaire extended warranties can be worth your investment if purchased after proper research. No matter how good the company is, any product can break and suffer inherent defects. If the contract doesn’t cover those failures, the situation can leave you vulnerable to expensive repairs, parts, and labor.
What Is The Average Repair Cost For A Refrigerator?
The average cost of a refrigerator repair can range anywhere from $250 to $1000 per repair.
Is It Worth Fixing An 8-Year-Old Refrigerator?
The average lifespan of a refrigerator is 10 – 20 years. You can consider repair and fixing if the appliance is less than ten years old. Otherwise, it’s suggested to replace it.
You May Also Be Interested In
Frigidaire Warranty reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
Home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers hav ...
The dishwasher is among the most regularly utilized appliances at home ...