Mike Holmes Protection Review 2023
Mike Holmes Protection is owned by Mike Holmes, one of North America’s trusted contractors. He was named Forbes’ Third Most Trustworthy Celebrity and Reader’s Digest’s Second Most Trusted Canadian. With over 35 years of experience as a professional licensed contractor, Mike Holmes has emerged as a promising home warranty company in recent times.
Mike Holmes Protection is a relatively new company in the market for homeowners. The company offers three plans to customers- DIY Essentials, Premium Plan, and Extended Plan, starting at $48 per month.
To curate this Mike Holmes Protection review, our editorial team has closely researched each factor of the company’s services and has thoroughly reviewed numerous customer reviews. Our review will help you with
- Details on plans, pricing, and coverage
- Information on limits, exclusions, and fine print
- The process to file claims with Mike Holmes
Company At A Glance
|Years In Business||2|
|Waiting Period||30 days|
|Option To Pick Your Own Contractor||No|
Call Now For A QuoteWrite A Review
Why Mike Holmes Protection?
- Mike Holmes Protection offers virtual assistance to homeowners
- The company is owned by Mike Holmes, who holds 35 years of experience being a professional contractor
- Mike Holmes Protection offers round-the-clock services to homeowners
- The company offers unlimited coverage for systems
latest Mike Holmes Protection reviews
Leo Silva , CA, Los Angeles
The customer service is great, the coverage options are comprehensive, and the claims process is straightforward. I highly recommend Home Warranty for anyone looking for reliable home protection!H G , NJ, Oakhurst
My wife and I bought their coverage plan for piece of mind when buying our first home. We had to use it recently because we were having an issue with our refrigerator. I made one phone call and they ensured me not to worry. These guys took care of the problem right away. Highly recommended!Steven Kozak , MI, Zeeland
Thank you for providing a fantastic experience and service from beginning to end. I highly recommend!!!Lynn , MN, Minneapolis
We had a great experience. They were very helpful, patient and very knowledgeable. They were timely and quick to respond.Thanks for your time and helpEarl Cox , FL, Miami
With Mike Holmes Protection, I have one less worry. I know that if something does go wrong, I am covered. The peace of mind that comes with this service is priceless.Patricia , GA, Marietta
We are very happy we found Mike Holmes Protection. We had a clogged pipe in our unit and they sent a tech the next day. He was very professional and fix the issue. Plus we got a free gift of a Hat and mug from the Mike Holmes team. I highly recommend these guys as they are very professional and honest
Home Warranty Reviews4.4/5 (7)
Yelp5/5 (1)5 /5 (304)
Pros & cons of Mike Holmes Protection
- Provides comprehensive coverage
- Offers unique video chat feature
- Not transparent with the terms
- Does not cover 14 states
Mike Holmes Protection Covered States
Mike Holmes Home Warranty plans are available in 36 U.S. states. Look at the map below and find out whether it operates in your area.
Mike Holmes Protection Plans
Mike Holmes Protection offers three plans to homeowners. DIY Essentials Holmes Plan, Premium Holmes Plan, and Essential Holmes Plan.
- DIY Essentials Plan includes a combination of 12 crucial home systems and appliances. This plan only comes with a virtual assistance feature, where customers can video chat or text with a certified technician.
- Premium Holmes Plan covers plumbing systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, heating & cooling, electrical systems, and items from DIY Essentials.
- Extended Holmes Plan is the comprehensive coverage plan that includes everything from the other two plans, limited roof leak, Mike rewards, and one discounted HVAC tune-up.
Mike Holmes’ home warranty plans give customers an average offering compared to other home warranty options in the industry. With their DIY plan, customers are offered virtual assistance but will have to make repairs on their own – something that might only be feasible for some.
However, Mike Rewards is a bonus that offers customers an industry advantage. Furthermore, the Extended Holmes Plan provides unlimited systems coverage – making it a viable option!
Let’s find out what all items are covered under Mike Holmes Protection Plans.
DIY Essentials Holmes Plan
Premium Holmes Plan
Extended Holmes Plan
Interior Plumbing Lines ✓ ✓ ✓ Toilets ✓ ✓ ✓ Faucets & Valves ✓ ✓ ✓ Water Heaters ✓ ✓ ✓ Refrigerators ✓ ✓ ✓ Range/Cooktops ✓ ✓ ✓ Ovens ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwashers ✓ ✓ ✓ Built-In Microwaves ✓ ✓ ✓ Garbage Disposals ✓ ✓ ✓ Washers ✓ ✓ ✓ Dryers ✓ ✓ ✓ Air Conditioning ✓ ✓ Heating Units ✓ ✓ Ductwork ✓ ✓ Interior Electrical Lines ✓ ✓ Ceiling Fans ✓ ✓ Vent & Attic Fans ✓ ✓ Main Breaker & Fuse Panel Box ✓ ✓ Doorbell And Chimes ✓ ✓ Garage Door Openers ✓ ✓ Limited Roof Leak ✓ Mike Rewards* ✓ One Discounted HVAC Tune-Up ✓
* If your contract is expired and you have never made any service claim during the term, Mike Holmes will give you 20% of the cost of your protection plan back.
Here is the list of items available as add-ons.
- Limited Roof Leak
- 2nd Fridge
- Standalone Ice Maker
- Pool & Spa
- Additional AC Unit
- Sump Pump
- Septic System Pump
- Well Pump
- Water Softener
- Central Vac
- Electronics Powered by AKKO
- Maintenance Services (Re-Key, Discounted HVAC Tune-Up, Discounted Air Filter Delivery)
Mike Holmes Protection Exclusions
Mike Holmes does not provide exact details on general limitations on their website. There might be exclusions applicable to your covered items and systems. Hence, you must check your service agreement carefully to avoid claim denials.
Apart from the general exclusions, Mike Holmes has the following coverage limitations.
- Unlimited systems coverage under Premium and Extended Plans.
- The coverage limit per appliance is $3000 under the Premium Plan and $6000 as per the Extended Plan.
- The Extended Plan limits the roof leak protection to $1500 per year.
Mike Holmes Protection Cost
Here is a breakdown of the Mike Holmes Protection cost of the three plans offered by the company.
As per the industry standards, Mike Holmes’ annual pricing is on a bit of an expensive side. Many leading home warranty companies offer basic coverage plans at around $40-$50 or $600-$650/annum, whereas MHP’s monthly plan starts at $68 or $816 per annum, making this an expensive option to customers.
Note: These prices are for a single-home property in Florida, and premiums may vary depending on the location. You can request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.
Mike Holmes Protection Discounts
Mike Holmes has no ongoing discounts, but they offer one month free with one year of coverage, two months free with two years, and three months free with three years. Customers can also get a 60-day service guarantee.
Trustworthiness & Customer Service Of Mike Holmes Protection
Mike Holmes Protection has positively impacted the market within a short period. The company has received positive feedback on our site and other prominent platforms. MHP has received 4/5 on our platform, 4.9/5 on Trustpilot, and 5/5 on Google Reviews, displaying an impressive track record of performance.
Most positive reviews centered around their customer service, which most customer reviews considered prompt and friendly. Additionally, some reviews have expressed satisfaction with the scope of coverage of their Premium and Extended plans.
Mike Holmes’ virtual diagnostic feature is one-of-a-kind and the first in the home warranty industry. Customer reviews reveal shared satisfaction regarding the clarity of explanations for plans and coverages, with no hidden fees or surprises.
However, The cost of the DIY Essentials plan, starting at $48, is higher as it doesn’t offer any on-site repair and replacement benefits. To offer perspective, most companies’ basic plans with on-site repair and replacement benefits start at $35-$45. Another recurring point in reviews across these platforms is MHP’s unavailability in some states.
Mike Holmes Protection Claims
Mike Holmes representatives are available 24*7. Once you buy its plan, you can submit the claim online or call (866) 646-1826.
After filing the claim, a certified technician will come to your doorstep and address the issue. If the case is approved, the service provider will offer repair or replacement, whichever is necessary.
However, it is different if you choose the DIY Essentials Holmes plan. As in this plan, you will only connect to a technician on a video call.
How To Buy A Home Warranty From Mike Holmes Protection?
If you are looking to purchase a home warranty from Mike Holmes Protection, here are some of the steps that you will need to take:
- Visit the official website
- Click on Get A Quote and fill in the details
- Choose the plan that you need
You can choose the company’s 1,2, and 3-year protection plans. You can also get a free quote from our website and get details about the plans available in your area. However, before deciding on any plan, we recommend reading our detailed guide to learn more about how to purchase a home warranty.
At HomeWarrantyReviews.com, we are dedicated to providing in-depth home warranty reviews so you can choose the best home warranty company & make the most out of it. We examine, compare, and analyze the companies on the following factors:
- Pricing: We compare the costs of home warranty plans and determine if those are cost-effective. The pricing includes monthly/annual premiums, deductibles, and customer discounts.
- Coverage: We compare the plans offered by different home warranty companies. The coverage consists of systems, appliances, and additional offerings.
- Claims: We look at customer reviews and determine their satisfaction with the claims filing procedure, settlement, and response times.
- Transparency: We verify if the home warranty company is licensed within the appropriate industry and offer details on the CEOs, contractors, and several settled claims.
- Uniqueness: We examine whether the company offers additional services, advantages, or coverage alternatives that set them apart
- Customer Engagement: We assess the determination of home warranty companies responding to consumer problems in our Complaint Resolution Program.
Editorial Note On Mike Holmes Protection
Our editorial note is that Mike Holmes Protection is a reliable choice for people who need maximum coverage with higher payment limits. Given the unlimited system coverage option, Mike Holmes might be worth considering if you have plenty of systems in your home.
Also, the DIY Essential Plan from MHP is perfect for those DIYers who are comfortable tackling projects with video guidance.However, this plan is not suitable for people who expect pn-site repairs from home warranty companies. Additionally, the company many not be ideal if you’re on a tight budget as the plans are priced a bit over the industry average.
All in all, MHP’s positive customer response and prompt services has been one of its USPs so far, as referenced by the positive reviews of its customers. So, this company is surely an option for those seeking quality service despite the above-average prices of their plans.
In conclusion, Mike Holmes Protection Plans are comparable in coverage to other companies and can be considered. However, we always recommend homeowners read and understand the fine print before purchasing any home warranty plan.
Why Should You Trust Home Warranty Reviews?
- We are America's first independent Home Warranty Research and Review platform and have been in existence for 14+ years,
- We have listed more than 80+ companies with us,
- We have nearly 100,000 genuine & verified customer reviews.
- We use a two-step verification process to maintain the authenticity of reviews, and
- We allow users to connect directly with the company's representatives to resolve issues through our Complaint Resolution Program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Q.
How Does A Home Protection Plan Work?
A home protection plan includes repairing and replacing major home systems and appliances.Q.
Which Protection Plan Is Best For A Homeowner?
The best home protection plan depends on your requirements, budget, and services needed. There are several top home warranty companies in the market, and you should research your options and read company reviews.Q.
Do I Need A Home Protection Plan If I Have Homeowners Insurance?
Yes, you should opt for a home protection plan even if you have homeowners insurance. This is because homeowners’ insurance doesn’t include the cost of repairing and replacing major appliances and systems.Q.
What Happens If I Sell My House And Move To Another Location?
If you sell your house and move, you can transfer the policy to your new home by informing the Mike Holmes Protection team.Q.
When Does The Coverage Begin For Mike Holmes Protection?
Coverage for Mike Holmes Protection starts 30 days after you buy the home protection plans. You can opt for their 1, 2, 3, or even five years.
You May Also Be Interested InPremium$46-$55Service Fee$85LimitUpto $3K/itemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee$50View DetailsPremium$60-$67Service Fee$75Limit$3k/itemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee $50View DetailsPremium$46-$50Service Fee$60-$75Limit$3k/ItemActivation30 DaysCancellation Fee$75View Details
Mike Holmes Protection reviews
Home Warranty Blogs
The convenience of having a dishwasher in one's home is undeniable. It ...
A seller’s home warranty is similar to a general home warranty contr ...
A refrigerator is vital in today’s homes as it keeps food at the rig ...https://www.homewarrantyreviews.com/wp-content/themes/HWR-2020